After we released our robust Truckload Workflow we stayed hard at work adding new & expanding current features such as Contracted Rates.
This feature gives you the ability to upload contracted truckload rates manually or via a spreadsheet, allowing you to compare these prices when Quoting, as well as Award & Book with these carriers.
Adding Contracted Rates
- Full Access users will click their name in the upper right-hand corner of any Freightview screen to access the Settings. From here, select Contracted Rates about halfway down on the left:
- Select + Add contracted rates to upload pricing by CSV spreadsheet or individual lane/contract.
- There are three types of contracted rates available for selection when creating/uploading your rates: Postal code to postal code, Postal Code to Range of Postal Codes, and Postal code to state.
- Another option to select is Minimum rate, this will be applied if the rate type is per-mile and the total doesn't meet the minimum
- We also offer an example.csv of the required format needed in order to complete the uploaded rates option.
- Only one contract per carrier can be added with each upload, with no limit to the number of contracts in total.
- A rate will only return if the pickup date falls within the contract's date range.
- Fuel price will be assumed in the total when “Fuel incl.” is set to “Yes”.
- These will not be applicable to Multi-stop shipments.
Once your rates are loaded, the Contracted Rates appear after you enter the quote info and select Start getting quotes.
Here’s how it'll fall in line on the rates page. If you're ready to select the rate from here, click the box to the left of the carrier name, and then Award selected carrier to begin the booking process.
We will continue to add different enhancements to our Truckload Workflow and look forward to hearing how this can enhance your business operations. As always, please don’t hesitate to reach out if you would like to set up a time with our support team to dig deeper into your Freightview experience, or learn more about features to help you Ship Smarter.